The flavors and textures in this Creamy Avocado Salsa with Pistachios are next-level! Fresh avocados are mixed with cherry tomatoes, red onions, jalapeño peppers, and roasted pistachios, then enhanced with cilantro, lime juice, and chile lime seasoning.
A Delicious Avocado Salsa Recipe
This Creamy Avocado Salsa with Pistachios is my new favorite way to snack without racking up on carbs. If you’re a lover of traditional guacamole, this is a great way to switch things up and make anything from low-carb chips to tacos to grilled meats even more delicious.
You’re going to love the tart flavor and creamy texture of this fresh salsa. The combination of fresh tomatoes and lime juice provides a bright taste, while the addition of avocados and roasted pistachios add a delicious earthy flavor.
Plus, the jalapeños give it just the right hint of spice. The overall result is a perfectly balanced dish that is a delight for the tastebuds.
Why You’ll Love It
- Made with simple ingredients that are easy to find at the store.
- A great option for those on a low-carb, keto-friendly diet.
- Full of healthy fats and delicious flavors!
- Tastes amazing as a dip, salad dressing, taco topping, or condiment for meats.
Made with Fresh Ingredients
- Cherry Tomatoes: tomatoes add a fresh flavor that pairs great with avocados.
- Avocado: make sure you grab avocados that are ripe for the best flavor and texture.
- Red Onion: red onion adds a sharper bite to your avocado salsa.
- Jalapeños: this spicy pepper famously pairs well with guac, so why not add it to the salsa?
- Cilantro: another ingredient that tastes delicious with avocados and tomatoes.
- Roasted Pistachios: give this dip a lovely crunch and nutty flavor.
- Lime Juice: adds acidity and brightness to the dish.
- Chile Lime Seasoning: the perfect seasoning blend that ties everything together.
Cherry Tomatoes: If you prefer grape tomatoes over cherry, go for it! It’ll taste just as delicious.
Jalapeños: You can swap out the jalapeños with other spicy peppers like fresh serrano peppers or mix bell peppers with cayenne powder.
Cilantro: Not a fan of cilantro? Try out other herbs like parsley, basil, mint, or chives.
Pistachios: Other roasted nuts like pine nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, and cashews will offer their own unique taste and texture.
Chile Lime Seasoning: Feel free to use your favorite seasoning mix or try out other flavors like chili powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
How to Make Creamy Avocado Salsa with Pistachios
The steps are simple, and I’m outlining them below, but be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page to view the full, printable recipe card. You can also watch how it comes together in my Instagram reel!
STEP 1 – DICE TOMATOES & ADD AVOCADO
Finely dice the cherry tomatoes and add them to a large bowl.
Pro Tip: I cut these in half, cut them in half again, then cut them into thirds. The smaller, the better.
Then add two cubed avocados to the bowl.
STEP 2 – DICE ONION & JALAPENOS
Finely dice the red onion, jalapeños (deseed them if you want them less spicy), and a large handful of cilantro. Add them to the bowl.
STEP 3 – ADD PISTACHIOS
Top your mixture with the roasted pistachios (make sure they’re roasted- it brings out their nutty flavor!)
STEP 4 – SEASON & MIX
Next, squeeze in the lime juice, drizzle the olive oil, and add a couple of pinches of salt, pepper, and some Chile lime seasoning.
Then mix to combine, tasting and adjusting as you wish.
STEP 5 – SERVE & ENJOY
Now it’s time to dig in!
Plate up the creamy salsa, and serve it with your favorite low-carb crackers, low-carb vessel, or chips of your choice. I used some Hilo Life low-carb chips.
This avocado salsa with pistachios is the perfect addition to just about anything!
You can keep it simple and scoop it up with your favorite low-carb cracker, add it as a topping for tacos and wraps like my Keto Lettuce Wrap or Low-Carb Taco Burger, or slab it on some tasty proteins like my Spicy Garlic Shrimp, Oven Chuck Roast or Air Fryer Frozen Salmon.
Whichever way you have it, this creamy green salsa will add an earthy, tart flavor that’s great for enhancing any dish!
Store any leftover creamy avocado salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days. Keep in mind that avocado browns quickly, so the quicker you enjoy it, the better.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Mutabal Recipe (Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip)
- Whipped Cottage Cheese
- Green Pasta Sauce
- Spicy Cashew Dressing
- Mast o Khiar
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapeños, finely diced (seeds removed for less heat)
- large handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios
- juice of 1 large lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Chile lime seasoning, to taste
- Finely dice the tomatoes and add them to a large bowl (the smaller, the better). Add two cubed avocados to the bowl.
- Finely dice the red onion, jalapeños (deseed them if you want them less spicy), and a large handful of cilantro. Add them to the bowl.
- Add in the roasted pistachios.
- Add the lime juice, olive oil, and a couple of pinches of salt, pepper, and some Chile lime seasoning. Mix to combine, taste, and adjust the amount of seasonings (or other ingredients) as you wish.
- Plate up the creamy salsa, and serve it with your favorite low-carb crackers, low-carb vessel, or chips of choice.
Store any leftover creamy avocado salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Keep in mind that avocado browns quickly, so the quicker you enjoy it, the better.