These fluffy scrambled eggs without milk will be your new favorite way to get that creamy, fluffy texture without needing a single splash of milk. Whether you’re dairy-free, on a low-carb diet, or neither, these amazing eggs are the perfect breakfast to start the day.
Perfect Scrambled Eggs
Eggs have to be one of my favorite breakfast foods. They cook up quickly and taste delicious with so many other great morning staples. If you’ve had your fair share of scrambled eggs, you may know that the secret ingredient to getting that irresistibly creamy texture is the addition of milk.
However, not all of us can have milk, which is why I’ve created this easy recipe that uses French butter instead of milk to achieve fluffy, creamy eggs that are low-carb-friendly. Dairy-free? Don’t worry, I got you. Olive oil substitutes perfectly, and my foolproof cooking technique ensures the perfect eggs.
To make these delicious eggs even better, I topped them with salsa macha, which is, without a doubt, one of my favorite condiments! It’s a Mexican chili oil with nuts, spices, and dried peppers. SO SO good.
Why You’ll Love It
- A great option for those following a dairy-free or low-carb diet.
- The flavor of the eggs paired with the salsa macha is unbeatable!
- A foolproof eggs recipe that will give you the perfect eggs, every time.
- You can easily customize your eggs to your personal preference.
- Eggs: Make sure you allow time for your eggs to get to room temperature before cooking for best results.
- French Butter: French butter is higher in fat compared to American butter and has a richer, creamier taste. If you’re dairy free, you can swap in olive oil instead.
- Avocado: Avocado and eggs are like peanut butter and jelly — they were meant to be together!
- Salsa Macha: I can’t recommend this condiment enough. It’ll take the flavor of your eggs to the next level.
- Feta Cheese (optional): The salty, tangy flavor of feta cheese goes so well with fluffy scrambled eggs.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: If you’ve followed me for a while, you know I love to put this on everything (check out my cheese-stuffed peppers!). It’s the perfect finishing touch.
Variations and Substitutions
French Butter: If you can’t get a hold of French butter or want to keep this recipe dairy-free, olive oil is a great substitute!
Seasoning: Other than Everything Bagel seasoning, I recommend flavoring your eggs with salt, fresh cracked pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
Sides: These scrambled eggs would also taste delicious alongside fresh seasonal fruits, sausage links, bacon, Greek yogurt, or even a dollop of hummus for dipping!
Toppings: Swap out the salsa macha for your favorite hot sauce, basil pesto, chili crunch, or fresh herbs. You can also sub the feta with your favorite kind of cheese.
How to Make Fluffy Eggs Without Milk
The steps are simple, and I’m outlining them below, but be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page to view the full, printable recipe card. You can also watch how it comes together in my Instagram reel!
STEP 1 – WHISK EGGS
Whisk four room-temperature eggs.
STEP 2 – PREP PAN
Place a pan on the stovetop over low heat, add the French butter (or olive oil), then add your eggs.
STEP 3 – COOK EGGS
Cook eggs on low heat, gently bringing the eggs back and forth using a spatula. Be patient here; it’s worth it!
Just when it looks almost done, turn off the heat, as it will continue cooking using its own temperature.
STEP 4 – SERVE & ENJOY
Serve it up with sliced avocado, and to really take it to the top, add a tablespoon or so of salsa macha, feta cheese (optional), and everything bagel seasoning.
Simple Tips for the Best Scrambled Eggs
Make sure you use room-temperature eggs. Take your eggs out of the fridge for about 20-30 minutes before cooking them up. This will ensure they don’t stick to the pan and come out extra fluffy. To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, you can place them in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes.
Use the right equipment. I recommend using a flexible rubber spatula so you can easily scrape the eggs off the curved sides of your pan. If using a stainless steel pan, make sure it’s hot enough before adding your oil and eggs so nothing sticks.
Cook the eggs low and slow. Put your eggs on low heat, using a spatula to gently bring the eggs back and forth as they cook.
Take the eggs off the heat early. If you wait until the eggs are done to your liking before removing from the heat, your eggs will overcook. Take them off right before they look done.
This recipe only makes about 1-2 servings of eggs, so it’s unlikely that you’ll have leftovers (especially because they’re so good!). Eggs taste better fresh anyway, so I don’t recommend storing them.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Whipped Cottage Cheese
- Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
- Taco Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- Keto Tortilla Recipe
- Low-Carb Bell Pepper Sandwich
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon French butter (or olive oil)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salsa macha (optional)
- feta cheese, to taste (optional)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning, to taste
- Whisk four room-temperature eggs.
- Heat French butter (or olive oil) on a pan at medium-low heat. Then, add your eggs.
- Cook eggs on low heat, gently bringing the eggs back and forth using a spatula. Be patient here, it's worth it!
- Just when it looks almost done, turn off the heat, as it will continue cooking using its own temperature.
- Serve it up with optional toppings like sliced avocado, salsa macha, feta cheese and Everything Bagel Seasoning. Enjoy!
This recipe only makes about 1-2 servings of eggs, so it's unlikely that you'll have leftovers (especially because they're so good!). Eggs taste better fresh anyway, so I don't recommend storing them.